Black Joy Is Always In Season
Blacktoberfest will take place Saturday, October 30, 2021 from 4pm until 10pm at 1544 Columbia Ave, Indianapolis IN 46202. The event will not only feature over 100 Black-Owned vendors, but a day’s worth of live entertainment, contests, and all the odes to Black Culture, with the modern aesthetics of a Beer Garden in Fall. All leading into an evening with fire-pits and hanging lights aglow.
Complete with the amber glow of fire pits, and hanging bulb lights overhead illuminating unapologetic blackness and entrepreneurial excellence.
There are over 100 Black Owned Vendors in the house for Blacktoberfest!
- This event will take place outdoors
- There will be some soft seating available, but if you’d like to sit and enjoy the performances or just hang out throughout the day, bringing a portable lawn or stadium chair is encouraged.
- Children are welcomed at Blacktoberfest, however please note that there are no bounce-houses, kids zones or gaming trucks at this event.
- Alcohol will be served at this event and the stations where alcohol is served will be at the entrance of the lot. Only those with a wristband are permitted to purchase from these vendors. If you’d like an wristband you’ll need to be carded to verify you are 21 years or older in order to receive one. (Please Drink Responsibly)
- There are event restrooms located in the far left hand corner of the lot (and there are ADA accessible options as well).
- Food trucks will be aligned along the sidewalk outside the entrance to the event, all other food vendors will be located throughout the Indiana Black Expo Vendor Market, inside the gated area.
- Performances will take place throughout the day on the Black Onyx Management Sound Stage
- There is soft seating located AngelKare Lounge in the grassy lot to the right of the building just past the Sound Stage where there will be games (i.e. Giant Jenga, Connect Four, etc.) available provided by Indy’s Inner City Chess Club.
We have secured parking thanks to a sponsorship from The Oaks Academy, as well as an agreement with New Bethel Missionary Baptist Church which will allow their associated Boy Scouts Troop to fund-raise by charging the nominal fee of $5 to park on the church lot.
There is also additional off-site, shuttled parking from Persian Temple located at 1802 E 23rd St, Indianapolis, IN 46218. We will begin the shuttle from the Temple at 4:30 pm and it will run every 30 minutes. If you arrive and a group is waiting, please dial 317-653-7954 and we can get to them asap.
In the News
Blacktoberfest was recently featured both in the Indianapolis Recorder as well as on WISHtv 8’s Indy Style this past week! To see more, click on the images below to open up each article. Feel free to share on your social media in promotion of the upcoming event!