Come vibe with us from afternoon into evening!
- Saturday, October 22, 2022
- 4 PM – 10 PM
Admission is Free
No tickets necessary for this event, but bring your wallet and your ID if you are hoping to buy any adult beverages.
Parking and Logistics
There’s parking available at The Oaks Academy, New Bethel Missionary Baptist Church, Old Land Mark House of Prayer and there is also street parking available on side streets as well as along 16th street.
There are over 100 Black Owned Vendors in the house for Blacktoberfest!
Many of you have vended at one of our events before, well Blacktoberfest (set-up wise) is a cross between the Black Owned Business Block Party and the Black Business Bazaar, some elements will feel familiar, others will feel new. To assist you in having an enjoyable day, please take note of the following:
- This event will take place outdoors
- There will be some soft seating available, but if you’d like to sit and enjoy the performances or just hang out throughout the day, bringing a portable lawn or stadium chair is encouraged.
- Alcohol will be served at this event and the stations where alcohol is served will be along the back wall. Wristband distribution will be the entrance of the lot. Only those with a wristband are permitted to purchase from these vendors. If you’d like an wristband you’ll need to be carded to verify you are 21 years or older in order to receive one. (Please Drink Responsibly)
- There are event restrooms located in the far left hand corner of the lot (and there are ADA accessible options as well).
- Food trucks will be aligned along the far sidewalk outside the entrance to the event, all other food vendors will be located as identified throughout the Indiana Black Expo Vendor Market, inside the gated area.
- Performances will take place throughout the day on the Black Onyx Management Sound Stage
- There is additional soft seating located in the AngelKare Lounge in the grassy lot to the right of the building just past the Sound Stage where additional vendors will also be featured.
How to get to the festival?
The event is located at 1544 Columbia Avenue. Look for the parked cars and walking attendees, you can’t miss us!
Is admission really free?
YES! Admission to this event is completely free! We hope you’ll spend the money you would have used for a ticket on merchandise from our Black owned vendors, food trucks or supporting our live performers!
Is it kid friendly?
Children are not prohibited, but there are no child-specific elements to this event (i.e. games, bounce houses, amusement corners, etc.)
What is the program?
The event will open at 4pm with music from DJ Mary Jane and introductions from our hosts Eric Saunders and Tony Styxx. The days performances are as follows:
- Thee Ally E – 4:30 pm
- Fazle & Friends – 5:00 pm
- BL+K – 5:25 pm
- The Alania Renae Experience – 6:15 pm
- Bashiri Asad – 7:35 pm
- Megan Simonton – 8:50 pm
The event ends at 10pm